- ONLINE APPLICATION at https://moms.mn.gov/
- Applications for a marriage license shall be made by BOTH parties. Both parties are required to come in a sign the application at the same time.
- Marriage licenses are provided between 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- If you have been previously married and are divorced, please provide most current information on the application.
- Identification is necessary for persons under 25.
- The marriage license is valid for a period of 6 months.
- The marriage license is valid only in the State of Minnesota.
Should you have any questions, please call the office at 507-238-3213.
MARRIAGE LICENSE FEE INFORMATION
|Marriage License / Pre-Marital Counseling||$40.00|
Martin County marriage records date back to 1857.
Marriage Certificate $9.00 each
Marriage records can be found in the county in which the marriage license was issued.
CHECK OUT THE STATEWIDE MARRIAGE INDEX
MOMS® is a statewide marriage index that has been created by the 85 Minnesota counties to help locate marriage records and obtain a certified copy of that record.
The site has been updated and can be found at:
Minnesota Official Marriage System (MOMS®) https://moms.mn.gov
In order to perform marriages in this state, an ordination document or a license must be filed in any county within the State of Minnesota.
Provide the County Recorder with a completed Certificate of Filing and one of the following:
- Ordination document
- License to perform marriages
- Ordination filing fee $20.00