- Applications for a marriage license shall be made by BOTH parties.
- If you have been previously married and are divorced, please provide most current information.
- Identification is necessary for persons under 25.
- The marriage license is valid for a period of 6 months.
- The marriage license is valid only in the State of Minnesota.
We are requesting that you please call the office to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT for both parties to come in and sign the application. 507-238-3213.
MARRIAGE LICENSE FEE INFORMATION
|Marriage License / Pre-Marital Counseling||$40.00|
Martin County marriage records date back to 1857.
Marriage Certificate $9.00 each
Marriage records can be found in the county in which the marriage license was issued.
CHECK OUT THE STATEWIDE MARRIAGE INDEX
MOMS® is a statewide marriage index that has been created by the 85 Minnesota counties to help locate marriage records and obtain a certified copy of that record.
The site has been updated and can be found at:
Minnesota Official Marriage System (MOMS®) https://moms.mn.gov
In order to perform marriages in this state, an ordination document or a license must be filed in any county within the State of Minnesota.
Provide the County Recorder with a completed Certificate of Filing and one of the following:
- Ordination document
- License to perform marriages
- Ordination filing fee $20.00